Create Google Analytics account.
Create Optimize account and container
- Sign in to optimize.google.com.
- Click Create account.
- Enter an account name.
- Agree to the Optimize Terms of Service.
- Enter a container name.
- Click Create.
Place the Optimize snippet (below) at the top of thein your web page(s).
Note: Replace OPT_CONTAINER_ID with your Optimize container ID.
[GA4] Link Optimize to Analytics
Set up data collection for websites
You’ll need to add the Google tag to your web pages to begin seeing data in your new Google Analytics 4 property.
Add the Google tag directly to your web pages
You need access to the HTML for your web pages. Ask your web developer to perform these steps if you’re unable to complete the steps yourself.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- At the top of the Property column, select your property.
- In the Property column, click Data streams > Web.
- Click the data stream for your website.
- Under Google tag, click View tag instructions.
- On the Installation instructions page, select Install manually:
and ending with
Paste your Google tag immediately after the <head> on each page of your website.
Data collection may take up to 30 minutes to begin. You can then use the Realtime report to verify that you’re receiving data.
Don’t see a Data Streams option in the Property column? You are in a Universal Analytics property instead of the GA4 property that you just created. Use the property selector or Admin to navigate to your new GA4 property.